I have a few but the internet is useless and my brain hurts. Please help! I need 10 ways on how practitioners can promote inclusion in a childcare setting. Thanks in advance!
1. Usually there is hired staff member who can over see a specific child or student to supervise them at all times.
2.Handicapped Assessable Entrance to the building.
3.Making toys assessable for the child enjoy playing with. This could be a raised table if the child is in a wheelchair. This child is not likely to play on the ground.
4. If the child is blind. They wil need to have books and walls written in braille for them.
5. If the child is deaf, they may want to include hearing children to learn sign language to help the deaf child communicate with the student.
6. Finding activities that all children can participate in.
7. Bathrooms needs to be adjusted to handicapped codes.
8. Peanut Free zone. Some schools don’t allow any student to come into the building with peanutbutter or nut products.
9. Train the staff to be sensitive to the child or students needs.
10. Have a parent and teacher confrences to see how each child is doing in their childcare program. This includes regular and child with special needds.